Gwen returned the finished garment in just a few days..…
- This pattern is an ideal basic for knits in all weights, and this combo ended up the perfect choice for this challenge!
- Her goal in working with these fabrics is to keep the eye moving.
- Starting with the front, she 3 lengthwise strips in each fabric, using different widths and sewed/serged them together.
- Put these on the dress form to determine the best placement. This is one of the effective ways to use a dress form as it gets the fabric off a flat table so you can see how it will look on the body.
- Did not want to have a black strip hitting at the bust.
- With the fabric on the dress form, she placed the pattern piece on top of the fabric to help determine the placement, using this as a guide when cutting out the front
- Used the boldest print at the back.
- Used the dot print for one sleeve.
- Used the smaller print for the sleeve to match up with that same print on the front.
- Finished the neck band with the dot print.