- The first thing to know about this shirt is that when I started, I did not know where I was going …and I love that because it provides a design opportunity.
- ‘I cut bias strips, used my 1/2’ bias maker and made lengths of bias striped strips and sewed them on each garment section AFTER cutting the pattern piece…I did NOT make fabric and then cut the pattern piece!
- I asked Gwen how she secured the strips - wondering if she used a spray adhesive, laughing, she shot back to me, ‘You know how I feel about glue!’
- Truth out, Gwen says she will sometimes use a spray adhesive on the hem of a wobbly knit.
- To sew the strips, she pinned them on and stitched away - no special feet, her wise advise is, just ‘be relaxed’.
- Gwen says, ‘this is why we need a stash’ because I had just the right stripe on hand to make things pop.’